If you have been experiencing user issues with the Fitbit Charge 4, resetting it can be a quick, easy, and cost-effective solution.
Though these devices are not prone to user problems, this can happen from time to time. Consequently, it can be useful to know how to reset these devices.
Why Should You Reset The Fitbit Charge 4?
When it comes to resetting, there are a plethora of reasons why you wish to reset your device. However, there are two primary reasons. These are:
You want to remove your data from the watch. This might be because you are giving the watch to a new owner, such as a friend, family member, or someone who has paid for the device.
If this is the case, a simple reset will not be sufficient. Instead, you must complete a factory reset.
A system on your watch is not working. Here are some of the issues that you might be experiencing:
- The tracker may be inaccurate.
- The Fitbit is not tracking your data, such as the number of steps.
- You are not receiving notifications.
- Your device is unable to sync.
A soft reset should be sufficient for getting these services to work again. You won’t have to worry about your data being lost with a soft reset, as this only happens when you perform a factory reset.
How Do You Reset A Fitbit Charge 4?
Soft reboots cause your device to restart. Often, performing one of these reboots can cause technical errors to be fixed.
A soft reset will not cause any damage to your data. Therefore, if you have a technical problem, resetting your phone is a really easy fix.
Resetting With The Tracker On
The simplest way of resetting your Fitbit will require the track to be on. If you are in this situation and want to reset your Fitbit Charge 4 you just have to:
- On the home screen, swipe upward.
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll until you see the words “Reboot Device”. Tap on this option. Do not click on “Clear User Data” if you merely want a soft reboot.
After completing these four simple steps, your device should be working properly once again.
Resetting With The Tracker Off
Unfortunately, if your tracker is refusing to work, it can be a little more complex to conduct a reset. Fortunately, this does not mean that you are completely unable to reset your Fitbit. Just follow these steps:
- Obtain the charging cable.
- Plug this cable with one side in the USB port and the alternative side to the tracker’s rear.
- As long as the buttons on the tracker and charging cable are aligned, you should experience vibration from the tracker. Moreover, the display should flash with a battery icon informing you of how much battery you have. If this does not happen, you may need to adjust the cable so that it is in proper alignment.
- Hold down on the tracker’s button for roughly 9 seconds. You can tell if the Fitbit tracker has restarted because it should vibrate. You will likely see a smiling icon, which is always a good sign.
This should be enough to get your Fitbit to start working again. If it isn’t, you may need to repeat the steps.
How Do You Perform A Factory Reset On Fitbit Charge 4?
A factory reset is also known as a hard reset. Essentially, while a soft reset will not remove any data, a factory reset will erase all the current data. This will return the device to its original form.
There are numerous reasons for doing this. For example, the ownership of the Fitbit might be passed to another person. Alternatively, you might simply want to start your data from scratch.
If you wish to give your Fitbit Charge 4 a factory reset, all you need to do is:
- Locate the “Settings” app on your device.
- Scroll until you find the “About” segment and tap on it.
- Select “Clear User Data.”
It’s that simple to erase all the data from your device!
You should be cautious when conducting a factory reset. This is because all of your data can be lost. In many cases, not much data can be recovered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Does My Fitbit Charge 4 Have A Blank Screen?
If your device has a blank screen and is not responding, this is a strong indication that the device needs to be restarted. Any number of problems can cause this.
Luckily, you can usually get your device to work again by forcing it to reset. If you want your Fitbit to reset, simply read through the previous suggestions. Following this, the screen should be working as usual.
How Long Does A Fitbit Last?
On average, Fitbits tend to only last for between 1 and 2 years. Of course, the longevity of your Fitbit will depend on how well you maintain and care for it. Well-kept devices are capable of lasting for around 5 years.
To keep your Fitbit for this long, ensure that you clean it routinely. Stay away from surfaces that can scrape your watch.
The Fitbit Charge 4 is a fantastic device with impressive features. However, like all devices, it can occasionally experience issues.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered so that you can perform both a soft and hard reset. This should get your Fitbit up and running in no time.