Making calls on smartwatches is not something all of us are used to doing, while there are many people who don’t even know that this is actually an option.
But when it comes to a Galaxy watch, can you do it without using your phone? And if so how can you make calls on them that way?
How To Set Up The Galaxy Watch Without A Mobile Device
To set up a Samsung Galaxy Watch without a mobile device, you will need a Wi-Fi network and a computer with internet access.
- On your computer, go to the Samsung website and download the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Connect the watch to your computer using the charging cable.
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your watch, including setting up a Samsung account and connecting to the Wi-Fi network.
Once the setup is complete, you can disconnect the watch from your computer and use it as normal.
How To Use The Galaxy Watch Without A Mobile Device
The Galaxy Watch can be used without a mobile device by connecting it to a Wi-Fi network and downloading apps directly to the watch. It also allows for GPS tracking and making payments through Samsung Pay.
Additionally, you can receive and make calls and send messages if the watch is connected to a mobile network or a paired Bluetooth device.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Turn on the Galaxy Watch and ensure it is connected to a Wi-Fi network (for more information on turning on your Galaxy Watch, read here).
- Go to the Galaxy Store on the watch and download any apps that you want to use, such as a fitness tracker or music player.
- Connect the watch to a mobile network or a paired Bluetooth device to make and receive calls and send messages.
- Use GPS tracking to navigate and exercise without a mobile device.
- Use Samsung Pay to make payments without a mobile device.
Do keep in mind, however, that some functionalities such as streaming music may require you to connect to a mobile device.
Can You Make Calls On Galaxy Watches Without Using Your Phone?
Yes, it is possible to make calls on a Galaxy Watch without using your phone, but it depends on the model of the watch and whether it has a cellular connection
Some Galaxy Watch models, such as the Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch4, have a cellular connection (LTE/5G) built-in, which allows you to make and receive calls and send messages directly from the watch without needing to be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth.
If your Galaxy Watch doesn’t have a cellular connection, you can still make calls by connecting it to a paired Bluetooth device that has the ability to make calls.
This means you’ll need to have a phone nearby to make calls, but you’ll be able to do so through your watch, which can be more convenient.
How To Make Calls On Galaxy Watch Without Phone
In order to make calls on a Galaxy Watch without a phone, the watch needs to be connected to a mobile network through a cellular connection or a paired Bluetooth device that has the ability to make calls.
Here are the steps to make a call on a Galaxy Watch without a phone:
- On your Galaxy Watch, go to the “Phone” app.
- Select the “Contacts” option and scroll through your list of contacts to find the person you want to call.
- Tap on the contact you want to call, and then select the “Call” button.
- For contacts with multiple numbers, select the number you wish to call
- The call will be placed, and you can speak using the watch’s built-in microphone and listen through its speaker.
Note that the cellular connection is only available on some models and dependent on the carrier, and also your watch should be running on Tizen 4.0 and later.
Moreover, keep in mind that the availability of the cellular connection may vary depending on the model of your watch and region.
Also, your carrier should support the eSIM (Embedded SIM) on your watch.
Can Samsung Galaxy Smartwatches Make Video Calls?
It depends on the model of the Samsung Galaxy smartwatch and the software version of the device.
Some Samsung Galaxy smartwatches like the Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch4 are equipped with a camera, which allows you to make video calls using the built-in “Camera Remote” feature.
You can use this feature to remotely control the camera on your paired smartphone and make video calls through apps such as WhatsApp, Skype, and Zoom.
However, most Samsung Galaxy smartwatches do not have a built-in camera, and therefore cannot make video calls.
Instead, you can use the watch to receive and make voice calls, and receive video call notifications, which you can answer or decline on your paired smartphone.
Top Tips To Make Calls On Samsung Galaxy Watch
Here are some valuable tips to help you use to make calls with the Samsung Galaxy Watch:
- Make sure your watch is connected to a cellular network or Bluetooth device before making calls.
- Customize the watch face to quickly access the Phone app.
- Use the speakerphone feature for hands-free calling.
- Take advantage of the quick dial feature to call frequently contacted individuals with a single tap.
- Use the volume buttons on the side of the watch to adjust the volume during a call.
- Use the “Do Not Disturb” feature to silence calls and notifications during important meetings or events.
- Use the “Find My Phone” feature to locate a misplaced phone.
- Use the “Reply with Text” feature to quickly respond to incoming calls with a pre-written message.
- Use the “Send Location” feature to share your location with the person you’re talking to.
- Use the “End Call” button on the watch screen to end a call quickly and easily.
The Bottom Line
Galaxy smartwatches offer tons of functions and making phone calls without using your smartphone is one of them, so if that sounds like something practical for you, go ahead and buy a Galaxy watch!
- What Is Water Lock On Fitbit? - March 27, 2023
- How To Unpair Apple Watch From Broken Phone - March 24, 2023
- Can You Listen To Music On Apple Watch Without A Phone? - March 20, 2023