AirPods are Apple’s super popular wireless earbuds, and their popularity comes from their high quality, as well as their ability to let users enjoy some pretty cool features – including the ability to automatically pair with your phone, as well as allowing you to easily switch between them and your phone using Siri.
The only problem is that sometimes you’ll forget where you left them. Luckily, there’s a way to find them even if you don’t remember exactly where you put them.
You can use the Find My iPhone feature to locate your missing AirPods. This feature lets you track down your lost or stolen device from anywhere in the world.
From there, you can see where your AirPods are located at any time – and we know just how to add your AirPods to your Find My iPhone feature.
What Are AirPods?
The AirPods are wireless headphones designed specifically for iPhones and iPads. They were first released back in 2016, but since then, their popularity has only continued to grow.
The AirPods are incredibly easy to use, and they offer some incredible features. For starters, they work wirelessly, so you don’t have to worry about tangled cords or tangles.
Plus, they come with a charging case that keeps them charged while you’re using them. And finally, they offer great sound quality too.
- PERSONALIZED SPATIAL AUDIO — With sound that suits your unique ear shape along with dynamic head tracking, AirPods (3rd generation) deliver an immersive listening experience that places sound all around you. You can also listen to select songs, shows, and movies in Dolby Atmos.
- SWEAT AND WATER PROTECTION — AirPods and the Lightning Charging Case is rated IPX4 sweat and water resistant, so they’ll withstand anything from heavy workouts to rain.
- A POWERFUL CASE — Recharge your AirPods with the portable Lightning Charging Case for power throughout the day, wherever you go.
- PINCH-PERFECT CONTROL — The force sensor lets you control your entertainment as well as answer, end, and mute or unmute yourself on calls.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE — Up to 6 hours of listening time with one charge, and up to 30 hours total listening time with the Lightning Charging Case.
What Is Find My iPhone?
Find my iPhone is an app that allows you to locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map. It also lets you lock or erase it remotely, and even remotely wipe it clean.
If you lose your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, this is one of the most important apps you will download – and you can now use it to track your AirPods if required. To achieve this, simply follow our step-by-step guide.
- Open up the App Store on your iOS device.
- Tap on “Search” in the top right corner of the screen. Type in “find my iPhone.” You should now be able to search for the app.
- Once you’ve found the app, tap on it to open it up.
- Next, tap on “Sign In,” then sign into iCloud.
- Now, click on “Find My iPhone.”
- On the next page, you’ll need to enter your Apple ID password.
- After entering your password, tap on “Continue.”
- Finally, you’ll get to choose which devices you want to have Find My iPhone enabled for. Choose all of them by tapping on the “+” button – this is where you can add your AirPods to the system.
- When you’re done, tap on “Done.”
- Your iPhone will now start searching for other devices connected to your account.
- Once it finds your iPhone, you’ll be asked to confirm whether or not you’d like to enable Find My iPhone for it.
- Once you’ve confirmed, your iPhone will begin tracking your location.
- As soon as you connect your AirPods to another device, they’ll appear under “My Devices” on the Find My iPhone app.
- Click on the AirPods icon, and you’ll be taken directly to the settings menu. Here, you can turn off Find My iPhone for the AirPods.
- Once you’ve turned off the feature, you won’t be able to access it again until you re-enable it.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully added your AirPods to Find My iPhone.
How To Remove AirPods From Find My iPhone
If you ever decide to remove your AirPods from Find My iPhone, for example, if you lose or change your phone, then here is what you need to do:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to “iCloud” and tap on it.
- Tap on “Find My iPhone” and scroll down to “Manage Devices.”
- Select “AirPods” from the list and tap on “Remove.”
- Confirm that you want to delete the service by tapping on “Delete.”
- Once you’ve deleted the service, you won’t be allowed to use Find My iPhone with your AirPods anymore.
Why Should I Use Find My iPhone With AirPods?
There are a number of advantages to using Find My iPhone with AirPods, and these include:
Find Lost AirPods
If you lose your AirPods, you can easily locate them thanks to Find My iPhone.
This means that even if you misplace them somewhere, you can still track them down and recover them with ease. If they are stolen, you will also be able to locate them, even if the thief has moved.
Track Down Stolen AirPods
If someone steals your AirPods, they could potentially use them without you knowing. However, with Find My iPhone, you can quickly locate them and take steps to prevent this from happening.
You can view all the places where you last used your AirPods, which helps you figure out where they might be, and even send messages to the people who have your AirPods.
You can even call the police if you think that someone has stolen your AirPods.
How To Locate Your AirPods When They Are Online
When you first pair your AirPods with your iPhone (see also ‘How To Put AirPods In Pairing Mode?‘), they will automatically sync with iCloud. In order to find your AirPods online, you just need to open up the Find My iPhone app on your iOS device.
Once there, simply search for your AirPods in the app. The results should show up right away, and you will see their location on a map of the area.
How To Locate Your AirPods When They Are Offline
Locating your AirPods when they are offline is a little trickier, but you will see the last time that your AirPods were online, and where they were last used – this can help to narrow down the search to a narrower radius.
With Find My iPhone, you always know exactly where your AirPods are at any given time. This makes it easier to keep them safe, especially when you’re traveling.
After all – it is much harder to lose an item when you know exactly where it is.
- Are Wired Headphones Safer Than Bluetooth? A Friendly Guide - January 8, 2024
- Can Fitbit Versa 3 Answer Calls? A Quick Guide for Users - January 7, 2024
- Can Fitbit Versa 2 Answer Calls? Find Out Here - January 7, 2024